When Grantsburg and Cumberland met on the gridiron on the opening night of football earlier in the school year, 124 total points were scored (Grantsburg won 72-52). Will that total be surpassed tonight as the Grantsburg boys basketball team host Cumberland in a non-conference game? Find out live tonight on We are Grantsburg. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:15.
- Cumberland is coming off of a trouncing of Bruce in which they won 66-28 which probably took the sting away from their opening night loss to the Webster Tigers 59-49.
- This is Cumberland’s first road game.
- Grantsburg is averaging 63 points per game.
- The Pirates have three players averaging double-digit points per game on the early season. John Chenal (21), Joe Ohnstad (14), and Tyrell Brande (10).
- John Chenal scored his 1000th point of his career last week versus Spooner. He ended the night with 33 points after scoring just ten against Amery in the opener.
- The Grantsburg girls team evened their record to 2-2 after defeating the Turtle Lake Lakers handily, 59-25. The girls have won two in a row.